HARRISBURG – All developed campgrounds and restrooms managed by the Shawnee National Forest have been closed indefinitely for the health and safety of visitors and staff. This includes:
Mississippi Bluffs Ranger District
– Johnson Creek Campground, Jackson County
– Pine Hills Campground, Union County
Hidden Springs Ranger District
– Camp Cadiz Campground, Hardin County
– Pharaoh Campground at Garden of the Gods, Saline County
– Pine Ridge Campground at Pounds Hollow, Gallatin County
– Tower Rock Campground, Hardin County
As we work through an unpredictable and rapidly changing situation, health and safety is our number one priority. We are committed to continuing to support our communities and fulfill our mission as we all work together to minimize the impacts and spread of COVID-19.
These actions have been taken based on the best available medical advice for cleaning per CDC guidelines and to promote social distancing. Visitors are encouraged to contact the ranger district office with additional questions
The Shawnee National Forest continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and evaluate potential impacts. Please remember to review current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and focus on recreating safely while protecting yourself, Forest Service employees and our volunteers.